Insomnia is the inability to get the amount of sleep you need to wake up feeling rested and refreshed. Because different people need different amounts of sleep, insomnia is defined by the quality of your sleep and how you feel after sleeping—not the number of hours you sleep or how quickly you doze off. Even if you’re spending eight hours a night in bed, if you feel drowsy and fatigued during the day, you may be experiencing insomnia.
There are many different causes of insomnia but emotional issues such as anxiety and depression are two of the most common causes of chronic insomnia. Other common emotional and psychological causes include chronic or significant life stress, anger, worry, grief, bipolar disorder, and trauma.
At Raah Natural Care, since your body and mind is one, we may balance your Spleen, Gall Baldder and Pericardium Energy depending on the emotional issues you are having trouble with using acupuncture.
- Calcium and Magnesium - they have calming effect. try to take those in food which are much better than supplement form.
These are some of the calcium rich foods we recommend
These are magnesium rich foods.
vitamin B complex - helps to promote a restful state. and also good for relieving stress.
inositol - enhances REM sleep
vitamin C with bioflavonoids - very important for reducing stress
zinc - aids recovery of body tissues while sleeping
- california poppy, hops, kava kava, lemon balm, passionflower, skullcap, valerian root are all good for helping to overcome insomnia.
- Valerian root has become the favorite among many experts. It is best not to rely on one herb on a regular basis but to rotate among several.
- In the evening, eat Bananas, dates, figs, nut butters, tuna, turkey, whole grain crackers, yogurt. These foods are high in tryptophan which promotes sleep. eating grapefruit half at bedtime also helps.
bacon, cheese, chocolate, eggplant, ham, potatoes, sauerkraut, sugar, sausage, spinach, tomatoes and wine close to bedtime.
If you’ve tried the insomnia self-help strategies above and are still having trouble getting the sleep you need, Raah Natural Care may be able to help.
- Your insomnia doesn’t respond to self-help
- Your insomnia is causing major problems at home, work, or school
- You’re experiencing scary symptoms like chest pain or shortness of breath
- Your insomnia occurs almost every night and is getting worse
For more detailed consultation please give us a call to book an appointment.